Google Pixelbook Go Review; Specs, Battery Life, Design and Features.
Google has released yet another stunning laptop to the Chromebook family. I am talking about the Google Pixelbook Go. According to Techcrunch, this is a Chromebook in search of meaning. It runs with the newest version of Google Assistant and Apps.
Google Pixelbook Go official begins shipping on November 15 as a sibling to others already existed Chromebooks.
Google Pixelbook Go Review
Table of Contents
The Google Pixelbook Go has a lot of great features. The first is the exceptional keyboard, which gives users the joy to type on and yet incredibly quiet. The second is the battery life, which is as good or better than many Intel laptops you’ve ever used before.
With a $649 starting price (via Google), the new Pixelbook Go laptop has a careful balance of quality features and economical compromises. It’s top-end models cost around $1,399 and this is still somewhat high compared to its popularity.
Compared to other laptops in the market, Google Pixelbook Go befits a midrange category. It comes with good- or better-quality components compared with older counterparts. For instance, Pixel Go has at least 8GB RAM and speedier SSDs, with capacities ranging from 64GB to a fat 256GB.
The Pixelbook Go CPU is designed with Intel Amber Lake mobile processors, specially designed for thin-and-light laptops.
Google Pixelbook Go Price in the US, Europe, and India
The first two configurations are available for preorder and due to ship by October 28:
- $649: Core m3-8100Y, 8GB RAM, 64GB SSD, 1920×1080 display.
- $849 (our review unit): Core i5-8200Y, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1920×1080 display
The next two are coming at an unspecified later date. At the time of this posting there was a waitlist for the Core i5 (but not the Core i7 yet):
- $999: Core i5-8200Y, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 1920×1080 display
- $1,399: Core i7-8500Y, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 3840×2160 display
Google Pixelbook Go Specs
Here are the specs common to all models:
- Displays: 13.3-inch LCD touchscreen, Full HD (1920×1080); or for the Core i7 model, 4K (3840×2160)
- Ports: Two USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gbps) Type-C, one combo audio jack
- Networking: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 8.1 x 0.5 inches
- Weights: 2.3 pounds for all models except the Core i7/4K model, which will weigh slightly more at 2.4 pounds. Add 0.45 pounds if you tote the AC adapter.
- Colors: Just Black will be available on all models. Not Pink is not available yet and is currently shown as an option only for the two Core i5 models for $849 and $999, respectively. Google would not confirm the availability of Not Pink for the lowest-end Core m3 model or the highest-end Core i7 model.
Google Pixelbook Go Design
The new Google Pixelbook Go is delightfully thin and light. You can seemingly slide into the document sleeve of your bag and the laptop will still fit into the padded compartment.
It comes with a 45W AC adapter, with foldout prongs and a USB-C cable. These can easily tuck into a side pocket and there you go.
Google Pixelbook Go Display
The new Google Pixelbook Go comes with a 13.3-inch, 1920×1080 Full HD display. This is a welcome upgrade from the 1366×768 HD screens used on many other Google Chromebooks.
Images and text look brighter, and colors look good (the display has a 72-percent NTSC color gamut rating).
The resolution is made to favor the battery life.
The screen has wider 16:9 aspect ratio which is great enough for side-by-side document viewing. This is quite better for watching movies other than document viewing.
Google Pixelbook Go Keyboard
Pixelbook Go is made with Hush Keys which is very quiet. The keyboard makes typing very gentle and mild. the laptop also come with a centered glass clickpad that responds readily to touches and taps.
Google Pixelbook Go Accessories and Connectivity
The Pixelbook Go comes with dual front microphones, dual speakers (on either side of the keyboard), and a 2MP front camera that can record 1080p video at 60 fps.
Google Pixelbook Go Battery Life
The Pixelbook Go Battery life is excellent. Google said it lasts 12 hours of use. The Pixelbook Go also supports fast charging over USB-C port. The USB-C ports also handle the usual USB stuff, including video out, but they don’t support Thunderbolt 3.AD! Click here to Get the Highest Paying Work from Home Jobs in USA
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.