Contrary Snivy is one special attack in the Pokemon world that’s very useful and a lot of people can’t wait to get their hands on it. And I am sure that you too, will definitely want to get one for yourself. I guess that you have searched for it for a while now, but search no more as I will be letting you know how to get Contrary Snivy today.
What Really Is Snivy?
Table of Contents
Ever heard of the phrase “green snake in the green grass”? It is believed that the idea of the Snivy character in Pokemon Go is gotten from this phrase. The word ‘Snivy’ is gotten from the combination of two words ‘snake’ and ‘ivy’. Snivy is a green-colored reptile in the Grass-type starter Pokemon of the Unova region. It is also colored with a yellow mark around its big eyes and yellow striped around its tail and back. Its feet have no toes, while its tail is designed as three palm leaves joined together.
The tail is actually a very important part of Snivy as it aids in making Snivy move faster, also using the tail we are able to detect when Snivy is sick or strong. Snivy is the first of a family of three, as the game is being played, he grows to become another character named Servine and Serperior. Snivy is defenseless when it comes to poison, bug, fire, fly, and ice moves. In the next paragraph, I will be giving a little insight on how to get contrary for Snivy, but you can only know this if you keep reading.
How To Get Contrary Snivy
Snivy superpower comes from the Contrary and the Leaf Storm move, both of them work together in giving Snivy a 130-base power move and also enable a +2 boost to its Special Attack. The contrary also empowers Snivy with a +1 boost for speed whenever the entry hazard is up. If the Snivy character is male, you can get contrary by simply breeding Snivy with Ditto. However, if the Snivy character is female, you have to pair her with anything in her egg group. But a lot of people then resolved to the illegal way to get the Contrary Snivy. They then illegally hack the system to get the Contrary Snivy but others use the Japanese Contrary Snivy due to the difficulty in getting it.
But there is an earlier way to get it now, you start by loading the game and from the main menu select ‘Mystery Gift’. Now click on ‘Receive gift’ followed by ‘Get with code’. Input the code ‘POKEMON497’ in the space provided and load your save game.
I will be stating to you most of the moves in Snivy, in other to make you understand and enjoy the game more. So below are moves you can find in Snivy
- Leaf Storm: This attack strikes anything that can’t withstand it head-on and increases Snivy’s Special Attack.
- Defog: It lets Snivy assist its teammates by clearing entry hazards.
- Glare: The Glare move paralyzes switch-in to Snivy, which slows them down and in making them easy to handle by Snivy or a teammate.
- Knock Off: This move disables/weaken defensive switch-ins to make them easier to break through. This move is an alternative to the Glare move.
- Synthesis: This move gives a form of recovery which boosts Eviolite Snivy’s longevity.
- Hidden Power Ground: This move is the most effective move, that comes in handy for hitting steel-, Poison-, and fire-types.
- Hidden Power Ice: This move is powerful enough to let Snivy take down Foongus and Vullaby.
- Hidden Power Fire: This move has a limited speed of 16 Speed due to the needed Speed IV drop, but also lets Snivy hit Grass- and Steel-types.
There are a lot of other moves but these basic moves will get you going with much ease, so you can enjoy the game more.
NOTE: As you play the game please know that Snivy set functions best on teams that require more defensive utility from a Grass-type but don’t wish to forfeit momentum. Fire-type checks like Chinchou and Ponyta are valuable to Snivy. Flying-type checks like Onix, Omanyte, Tirtouga and Chinchou are also important to Snivy. Mudbray and Dwebble are entry hazard support that aids the breaking down of opposing teams. Pokemon that require entry hazard as Stealth Rock cleared, Pokemons like Doduo and Vullaby works better as a teammate with Snivy.