How To Choose And Set Up Blu Ray Player
A Blu-ray player is a player used for Blu-ray discs reproduction. The Blu-ray discs still remain popular even despite the appearance of numerous streaming services and the amount of video content in the web. Why? They are able to provide an exceptional video quality, doesn’t depend on the high-speed Internet connection, and allow you to collect your favorite movies in beautiful packages.
Currently, the Blu-ray format provides the ability to watch a high-definition video with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 and 3840 × 2160. Plus, you can have a Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD 8-channel sound in studio quality, not to mention about subtitles, soundtracks and exclusive bonus content.
Before we start, we are ought to inform you about the problem that you may face with when buying a Blu-ray player. This problem called Region Coding. It’s a protection code that prevents people from watching movies before they are officially released in the local cinemas. To avoid this headache, we suggest you familiarize yourself with some region free blu ray player reviews. Such players are able to play any region-coded disc.
How to choose a Blu-ray player
In order to choose the most suitable unit, you need to decide for yourself what features you want your Blu-ray player to be endowed with. However, there are some important features that any Blu-ray player should have:
- HDMI and USB. An HDMI input allows you to play video in a resolution of at least 1080p. Any Blu-ray player that was released after 2005 should have it. The HDMI connection requires a special cable so make sure that it’s included in the player’s kit.
- A USB port is helpful in the case when the Blu-ray player is incompatible with your TV. It also enables you to connect a USB flash drive to the player. Plus, you will be able to use Wi-Fi via a USB adapter if the player itself doesn’t provide the possibility of direct Wi-Fi connection.
- Good-quality sound. Any Blu-ray player should provide a decent sound. This way, it’s better to go for a model that supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio, and provides at least 5.1-channel sound.
- BD-Live. Thanks to the BD-Live technology, you can access the network without a computer, download or watch an online trailer or movie’s promotional video on the developer’s website.
The described features should be present in any Blu-ray player. However, there are also some more advanced features like 4K, HDR, and UHD. However, you can buy a player that supports all of those technologies only in the case if your TV does as well. You also may want to consider buying a model that supports Dolby Vision to buy Blu-ray discs with Dolby Vision content. If you want to watch Blu-ray discs with 3D-movies, be sure to check if 3D format is supported by the player.
How to set up a Blu-ray player
Setting up a Blu-ray player may seem like an overwhelming task, especially for newbies, but, in reality, it can be set up in just several simple steps:
- Make sure that your TV is turned off before the Blu-ray player setup.
- Connect the player to your TV via an HDMI cable that must be included in the player’s kit. In the case if you don’t want to perform connection via an HDMI, connect the color-coded plugs (red, white and yellow) on the RCA A/V cable with the back of the player and the TV.
- Turn on both the Blu-ray player and your TV.
- Find the ‘input” button on your TV’s remote control. Select the input that corresponds to the ones you used: HDMI-1, HDMI-2, etc. If you used an RCA cable, select “Video-1”.
- Insert a Blu-ray disc into the player. Wait until it loads. Now, you can control the playback using your TV’s remote control or the one that came with your Blu-ray player.
In the case if your Blu-ray player supports an Internet connection, you will also need to connect your player to it. Perform wireless connection via the Blu-ray menu. The wired Internet connection is installed via an Ethernet cable.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email@example.com] to file a complaint and actions will be taken immediately.