Craigslist Rhode Island Safety Tips to Avoid Scams, Thieves | www.providence.craigslist.org.
Craigslist is a US classified ads website that allows simply anyone to post ads for jobs, products or services. Because of its popularity, millions of people use Craigslist every day in the United States to shop for products or hire services.
So far, Craigslist just like other free classified ads websites have stood a taste of time surpasses so many challenges such as the incident of scam and so on.
Craigslist has built thousand of microsites on its sub-domain to cover almost all cities in the United States and beyond. And now, users in the United States have started wondering how safe is the Craigslist Rhode Island is. Rhode Island is a colonial town and a state in the New England region of the northeastern United States.
One of the Craigslist asked on Quora ” How useful and safe is it to use
in Providence, RI?” and we are here to provide the answer.
Craigslist, just like any other free classified website is safe to use anywhere if you follow the Safety Tips below;
Craigslist Rhode Island Safety Tips to Avoid Scams, Thieves
Table of Contents
- Do not provide payment to anyone you have not met in person.
- Beware offers involving shipping – deal with locals you can meet in person.
- Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) – anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
- Don’t accept cashier/certified checks or money orders – banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
- Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a “guarantee”.
- Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
- Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen—that amazing “deal” may not exist.
- Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.
- “craigslist voicemails” – Any message asking you to access or check “craigslist voicemails” or “craigslist voice messages” is fraudulent – no such service exists.
Craigslist Rhode Island Personal Safety Tips
When meeting someone for the first time, please remember to:
- Insist on a public meeting place like a cafe, bank, or shopping center.
- Do not meet in a secluded place, or invite strangers into your home.
- Be especially careful buying/selling high value items.
- Tell a friend or family member where you’re going.
- Take your cell phone along if you have one.
- Consider having a friend accompany you.
- Trust your instincts.
Taking these simple precautions helps make craigslist safer for everyone.
349 total views, 2 views todayAD! Click here to Get the Highest Paying Work from Home Jobs in USA