The United Kingdom (UK) is one of the top destinations for Nigerians looking to travel abroad. If you’re also thinking about visiting the UK, then the first thing on your mind should be the cost of the UK application fees and requirements.
In today’s post, I’ll be showing you the basic requirements and United Kingdom Visa Fee in Nigeria. Read through this post carefully to learn how to apply and get a UK visa.
What Documents Do I Need to Obtain a Visa to the UK?
Table of Contents
To obtain a visa to the United Kingdom, you are required to provide the following documents:
- A United Kingdom Visa Application form
- A Nigerian international passport or travel document valid for at least 30 days after the expiry date of your visa.
- Your international passport must have atleast two unused pages to gain entry visa endorsement
- Receipt of payment for the UK visa application fee
- A 29mm × 34mm white background passport photograph
- Financial documents proving that you can sustain yourself financially in the United Kingdom. This document could include; proof of earning, or financial document of your guardian
- Applicants must provide only original and authentic documents
- The most common and popular visa used by Nigerians is the standard visitor visa which comes in four types.
- Short-term visitor visa is a type of visitors visa that lasts for six months and will cost you up to $125.
- Longer-term visa is a type of visitors visa that usually lasts for up to two years. This visa will cost you about $472.
- The longer-term visa which lasts for about 5 years will cost you up to $857 to process.
- You can also get a longer-term visa which lasts up to 10 years. This visa will cost you up to $1074. While visitors in transit will pay $87 for their visa.
How Much Will it Cost to Apply for a UK Visa?
If you wish to travel to the United Kingdom to study for a period of 6 month, then you will be required to pay a sum of $130 for your visa.
If you’re going to the United Kingdom to study English, then your visa fee will be increased to $251.
Business trips to the United Kingdom have their own fees. If you wish to apply for visa as an academic visitor for a period of 1 year, the you’ll be required to pay up to $251.
Application for UK visa for PLAB/OSCE test, dental observation, and clinical attachment will cost you up to $130.
Getting a visa for diplomatic couriers, prospective entrepreneur and permitted laid engagements will cost you up to $125.
Another type of visa which can be regarded as a subgroup of visa is specially meant for visitors. Civil partnership or marriage visa to the United Kingdom will cost you a$125.
Obtaining Visas to the United Kingdom for parents whose children are at school can cost you up to $694 for a year.
If you’re a member of the foreign armed forces, then the visa will cost you about $694.
Although, getting a UK visa attracts a certain fee which you are required to pay. However, diplomatic passport holders and individuals who have received an official invitation from the UK government can get the UK visa for free.