You might want to ask, What is the best whitening toothpaste to use? I’m sure you’ve been searching for the right toothpaste to whiten your teeth and brighten your smile while you can still drink as much coffee as you like without feeling guilty. The search is over because this article will be your guide on purchasing the best teeth whitening toothpaste, one that would be the right one for the kind of teeth you have.
People usually use teeth whitening toothpastes for those really tough stains on their teeth that buildup gradually over time and wouldn’t go away after numerous occasions of brushing with ordinary toothpastes. I mean, who doesn’t want white teeth that sweep people of their feet when you smile. I’m sure you’d be happy when people say, “OMG! His (Her) teeth are so white!”
What is the best toothpaste for whitening teeth?
Table of Contents
- What is the best toothpaste for whitening teeth?
- 1. Colgate Optic White Whitening Toothpaste, Sparkling White
- 2. Crest 3D White Toothpaste Radiant Mint
- 3. Opalescence whitening toothpaste Cool Mint
- 4. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste Sensitivity Relief
- 5. Arm & Hammer Advance White® Extreme Whitening with Stain Defense Fresh Mint (Twin Pack):
- 6. Cali White Activated Charcoal & Organic Coconut Oil Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
- 7. AP–24 Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste
- 8. Marvis Whitening Mint Toothpaste
- 9. Rembrandt Deeply White +Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste and Intense Stain® Whitening Toothpaste
- 10. Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste
- 11. Sensodyne Repair and Protect Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste
- 12. Linhart Whitening Toothpaste – Teething Whitening Enamel Strength Toothpaste
- 13. Colgate Optic White Platinum High Impact Whitening Toothpaste
- 14. Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride Free Toothpaste
- 15. Crest 3D White Brillance Toothpaste and Whitening Gel System
- Amazon Best Sellers Whitening Toothpaste
Whitening toothpastes usually contain various ingredients that best suit them for this purpose. Examples of these ingredients are
i. Hydrogen peroxide: This is a bleaching agent that acts on the teeth to help whiten the teeth.
ii. Silica: This is used as an abrasive to remove surface stains.
iii. Baking soda: This is also called sodium bicarbonate. This is used for its abrasive properties that help in removing surface stains on the teeth.
iv. Tetrapotassium or Tetrasodium pyrophosphate: These help in removing tartar from the teeth.
v. Activated charcoal: Useful as an abrasive, but leave a messy sink after brushing.
vi. Stannous Fluoride: This is useful in help reduce cavities, prevent tooth sensitivity, fight gingivitis and deal with tooth decay.
vii. Potassium Nitrate: This is useful as an ingredient to relieve tooth sensitivity.
There are certain things that you are to watch out for when you want to buy whitening toothpastes for your teeth. These will guide your choice in picking the right one for you. These things are:
- Certification by the American Dental Association (ADA) or any recognized dental organization responsible for this feat.
- The nature of the ingredients present in the toothpaste. For example, people with certain allergies to some particular ingredients sensitive gums or teeth cannot use certain toothpastes. Toothpastes like Sensodyne® are usually preferable for people with sensitivity problems.
- Customer reviews and the reputation of the manufacturer in terms of quality.
- The availability, affordability and effectiveness of the toothpastes.
These are various brands of whitening toothpastes that you can choose from in the market that a great number of consumers have been satisfied with the results they’ve gotten. These are the whitening toothpaste that works effectively.
1. Colgate Optic White Whitening Toothpaste, Sparkling White
Price: $10.96 – Buy on Amazon
Undoubtedly one of the best whitening toothpaste as per consumer reports. This contains hydrogen peroxide in small concentrations that will help you whiten or bleach your tooth enamel, giving you true change to your tooth structure.
It helps to remove stains caused by food and beverages like coffee and tea (extrinsic stains) and stains also caused by uncontrollable factors (intrinsic stains) such as aging, medication use, etc.
People often get the results as quick as within one week. It may be used for children over two with supervised brushing. It is rated high by its presentation, freshness, value for the money paid for it and its flavor. Some people refer to it as being “effective as having your teeth professionally whitened”.
2. Crest 3D White Toothpaste Radiant Mint
Price: $7.49 – Buy on Amazon
Crest 3D White is certainly one of the best toothpaste for whitening. This uses the properties of silica, Titanium Oxide and other ingredients to whiten the teeth.
It removes about 80% of stains and prevents future stains from occurring. It can be used in children older than 2 years with adequate supervision but it is advisable not to use it if you have sensitive gums or teeth.
3. Opalescence whitening toothpaste Cool Mint
Price: $17.77 – Buy on Amazon
Opalescence is one of the best toothpaste for whitening teeth. It relies on silica to polish the teeth. It is designed with low abrasion property so that it doesn’t erode the enamel of the teeth, so you won’t feel like you’re going to feel of your teeth. Results are usually seen in less a month. It contains fluoride to help with cavity prevention. It’s great at removing wine stains.
4. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste Sensitivity Relief
Price: $27.00 – Buy on Amazon
In addition to the properties of its Cool Mint version, it provides a viable option for people with sensitive teeth or gums. It’s trusted with the removal of stains on sensitive teeth by a lot of consumers.
5. Arm & Hammer Advance White® Extreme Whitening with Stain Defense Fresh Mint (Twin Pack):
Price: $5.44 – Buy on Amazon
Ranks among the best whitening mouthwash. Although it is a bit harsh on gums that are sensitive, it uses the properties of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to whiten the teeth, neutralizes the acids that lead to the enamel corroding and also prevents future stains. It has a minty flavor that keeps your teeth fresh all day long.
6. Cali White Activated Charcoal & Organic Coconut Oil Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
Price: $9.99 – Buy on Amazon
This is the best natural whitening toothpaste in the market. If you’re a lover of vegan and natural, then this one might be the toothpaste you’re looking for. It uses the abrasive properties of activated charcoal (although may be too abrasive) to remove plaques and tartar. Mind you, if you’re looking for quick results, you may not want to use this because it only offers a gradual whitening action.
It’s the best charcoal toothpaste for whitening. It is black in colour in case you prefer bright colours of toothpaste. It has a pacific mint flavor. It is gluten-free (good for those with gluten allergies), paraben free, ticlosan free, safe for kids and unlike conventional toothpastes, it doesn’t foam as you’d expect. Unlike conventional toothpastes that contain activated charcoal, it doesn’t mess up your sink with a trail of charcoal. So it’s a win-win. Clean sink, white teeth.
7. AP–24 Whitening Fluoride Toothpaste
Price: $18.74 – Buy on Amazon
AP-24 is one of the best toothpaste whitening teeth. One of the recommended toothpaste for smoking stains. It uses hydrogen peroxide to whiten the teeth and fluoride to keep the enamels strengthened and cavity-free. A lot of consumers have described it as “great for whitening the teeth”. A trial would convince you.
8. Marvis Whitening Mint Toothpaste
Price: $13.3 – Buy on Amazon
This brand is made in Italy. Its formula is based on a traditional process that gives the guarantee of maximum protection. It uses the cooling properties of mint to give long-lasting fresh breath. It has good cleaning activity and gentle abrasive power so you don’t feel like your teeth are going to wear out.
9. Rembrandt Deeply White +Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste and Intense Stain® Whitening Toothpaste
Price: $11.94 – Buy on Amazon
It whitens the teeth using hydrogen peroxide and it is useful in removing both intrinsic and extrinsic stains. The Intense Stain Whitening formula helps to prevent future stains using the properties of tetrapotassium pyrophosphate. In addition to its refreshing mint flavour, it contains sodium fluoride that fights against cavities and strengthens the enamel. So you get a cavity-free and sparkly white dentition that commands attention.
10. Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste
Prcie: $15.99 – Buy on Amazon
Ranks among the best toothpaste for cigar smokers. It helps in the removal of stains and prevents further stains and buildup of tartar and helps to fight cavities due to the presence of sodium fluoride.
It contains Ticlosan to help against gingivitis (gum swelling and inflammation). It is not suitable for sensitive teeth and gums.
11. Sensodyne Repair and Protect Sensitive Whitening Toothpaste
Price: $15.36 – Buy on Amazon
Sensodyne has produced the best whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It is useful for sensitive teeth and cavities due to the presence of stannous fluoride. It’s proven to give relief to sensitivity in just 3 days. However, it can potentially burn your tongue.
12. Linhart Whitening Toothpaste – Teething Whitening Enamel Strength Toothpaste
Price: $11.86 – Buy on Amazon
Linhart is one of the best tooth whitening toothpaste to use. This brand made in the USA contains Theobromine which helps the strength of the teeth, fluoride for cavities, xylitol for balancing pH levels and tooth decay and Aloe Vera for soothing and preventing gum irritation. Some consumers have testified to its effects.
13. Colgate Optic White Platinum High Impact Whitening Toothpaste
Price: $11.94 – Buy on Amazon
It contains hydrogen peroxide for whitening the teeth. Rapid action can be seen within a week or two. It is useful for intrinsic and extrinsic stains. It’s travel-friendly. It actually gives white teeth.
14. Tom’s of Maine Antiplaque and Whitening Fluoride Free Toothpaste
Price: $7.96 – Buy on Amazon
It contains zinc citrate, xylitol and sodium bicarbonate that helps it carries out its action. Although some have complained about its taste, it leaves the mouth fresh.
15. Crest 3D White Brillance Toothpaste and Whitening Gel System
Price: $12.96 – Buy on Amazon
The 3D is the best crest whitening toothpaste to use. 3D crest white toothpaste uses a dual step system to clean the teeth. Results can be seen within a month. It is not useful for people with sensitive gums.
Choosing a particular whitening toothpaste can be a difficult feat. Ensure you make an informed decision before you choose, so as to enjoy the benefits of the toothpaste in the long run. The aforementioned kinds of toothpaste have been certified by numerous customers that have bought and tested it to be effective at teeth whitening.
Amazon Best Sellers Whitening Toothpaste
AD! Click here to Get the Highest Paying Work from Home Jobs in USA